The 7th GEOSS Asia-Pacific Symposium
The 7th GEOSS Asia-Pacific Symposium will be held in Tokyo, Japan, from 26 to 28 May 2014. The Symposium is being organized by Japan GEO and the GEO Secretariat, with the support of Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
The Symposium will address the theme of “Benefits for Society from GEOSS evolution toward addressing Sustainable Development Goals” and will focus on the advancing next 10 years of the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS) and how benefits from GEOSS can contribute to societal requirements such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agreed at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) as well as the trans-disciplinary research initiatives such as Future Earth (FE).
Date: 26-28 May 2014
Venue: Kokusai Fashion Center (KFC) Hall in Tokyo
Day 1: 26 May (Mon)
– Keynote Speech
– GEOSS Activity Report
– Country and Regional Reports on GEOSS-related activities
– Special Session 1
Day 2: 27 May (Tue)
1. Asian Water Cycle Initiative (AWCI)
2. Asia-Pacific Biodiversity Observation Network (AP-BON)
3. Global Forest Observation Initiative (GFOI) towards long-term carbon management
4. Ocean Observation and Society (toward realization of Blue Planet in AP region)
5. Agriculture and Food Security (GEO GLAM)
Day 3: 28 May (Wed)
– Reports from each Parallel Session
– Special Session 2
– Summary of Symposium
For more information, visit symposium website.
On-line registration is available at the symposium website.
Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan (RESTEC)