RESTEC e-news #023 (Apr,2016)
In This Issue
- RESTEC Wins the Prime Minister’s Award in the 2nd Space Development and Application Award
- NTT DATA and RESTEC Achieve Full Global Coverage with AW3DTM
- RESTEC Researcher Wins the Environment Minister’s Award
- African Trainees Learn about Remote Sensing for Mineral Exploration
1. RESTEC Wins the Prime Minister's Award in the 2nd Space Development and Application Award
The AW3DR Global Digital 3D Map Distribution Service (hereinafter AW3D)(Note 1) provided by NTT DATA Corporation and RESTEC has won the Prime Minister’s Award in the 2nd Space Development and Application Award hosted by the Cabinet Office, which was announced on March 18, 2016.
The Prime Minister’s Award is ……
Read more at
2. NTT DATA and RESTEC Achieve Full Global Coverage with AW3DTM
RESTEC’s global digital 3D map service, AW3DTM, became the world’s
first five-meter-resolution 3D map covering all global land spaces, including Antarctica. AW3DTM, the world’s most precise global 3D map service, uses a digital elevation model (DEM) with five-meter resolution based on some three million satellite images taken by the DAICHI Advanced Land Observing Satellite (ALOS) ……
Read more at
3. RESTEC Researcher Wins the Environment Minister's Award
RESTEC Application and Service Department Senior Research Scientist Makoto Ono was recently awarded the Environment Minister’s Award in the Space Development and Application Award organized by the Cabinet Office.
The prize was awarded in recognition of Mr. Ono and RESTEC’s contribution toward reducing illegal logging in Brazil ……
Read more at
4. African Trainees Learn about Remote Sensing for Mineral Exploration
Sixteen trainees from 8 African countries visited the RESTEC HQ office in Tokyo for a half day remote sensing lecture. They learned about basic knowledge on remote sensing and its applications. A lecturer from RESTEC also introduced the digital elevation model (DEM) ……
Read more and see a photo at
– * – * – * – * – * – *- * – * – * – * – * – *- * – * – * – * – * – *- * – * – * – * – * –
We would very much like to hear from you even if you are not currently using any satellite data. Please feel free to send us (to: email@example.com) few lines on your current activities along with your name, current place of work (organization) and the month and the year of the RESTEC training you joined. Your cooperation will be very much appreciated.