RESTEC e-news #015 (Aug,2015)
In This Issue
- JAXA releases the 6th ALOS-2 Research Announcement
- RESTEC to welcome trainees from South Africa
- RESTEC to support remote sensing training for southern Africa
1. JAXA releases the 6th ALOS-2 Research Announcement
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) released the 6th Research Announcement for the Advanced Land Observing Satellite (ALOS). JAXA will provide up to 50 scenes of ALOS-1 and ALOS-2 data free of charge per year if your proposal is accepted. The due date of the proposal is September 18, 2015.
For more information, visit the following site.
2. RESTEC to welcome trainees from South Africa
Seven trainees from South Africa will visit Japan for remote sensing training with funds from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The course includes facility tours of Tanegashima Space Center, Tsukuba Space Center, Mitsubishi Satellite Factory, Earth Observation Center, etc. during their one month stay in Japan.
3. RESTEC to support remote sensing training for southern Africa
RESTEC has started to coordinate and organize a remote sensing training workshop for southern Africa. This will be the second time after the workshop last January in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. The workshop will be held in Tokyo in November 2015 and hosted by the Japanese government. RESTEC dispatched an expert to DRC to discuss the workshop.
– * ? * ? * ? * ? * ? *- * ? * ? * ? * ? * ? *- * ? * ? * ? * ? * ? *- * ? * ? * ? * ? * ?
We would very much like to hear from you even if you are not currently using any satellite data. Please feel free to send us (to: email@example.com) few lines on your current activities along with your name, current place of work (organization) and the month and the year of the RESTEC training you joined. Your cooperation will be very much appreciated.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back number of RESTEC e-news is available at