RESTEC e-news #014 (Jul,2015)
In This Issue
- Availability of AW3D is Updated – India is available –
- RESTEC to Receive Trainees from South Africa in August
- RESTEC Supports JICA’s SAR Training for Disaster Risk Reduction in SA
- RESTEC Delivers a Lecture on Remote Sensing for JICA trainees
1. Availability of AW3D is Updated - India is available -
The availability of Global Digital 3D Map called “AW3D” is updated. India as well as Eastern Australia is available now. Whole Eurasia is almost covered.
AW3D is made from ALOS-1 archived data for the past 5 years with its 5 meter resolution. Whole globe will be covered by the end of March 2016.
You can check the availability of AW3D at
For inquiries, contact
2. RESTEC to Receive Trainees from South Africa in August
Seven trainees from South Africa will vist Japan for remote sensing training by a fund from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). They will spend almost one month in Japan and learn about Japanese remote sensing technology. RESTEC will provide the training course for them upon the request of JICA.
3. RESTEC Supports JICA's SAR Training for Disaster Risk Reduction in SA
On June 1 to July 2, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) held a remote sensing training course on Japanese earth observation satellites for disaster risk reduction, in collaboration with the South African National Space Agency (SANSA) at their ground station near Pretoria, South Africa. Upon the request of JICA, RESTEC dispatched two lecturers to teach and give lectures about how to detect flooded areas using data collected by Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)…
Read more at
4. RESTEC Delivers a Lecture on Remote Sensing for JICA trainees
On July 1, RESTEC delivered a lecture about Satellite Data Applications to Forest Monitoring for the trainees who attended the training course entitled “GIS and Remote Sensing Utilized for Biodiversity Information System and Participatory Approach toward Biodiversity Conservation Actions” funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and organized by EnVision Conservation Office…
Read more at
– * ? * ? * ? * ? * ? *- * ? * ? * ? * ? * ? *- * ? * ? * ? * ? * ? *- * ? * ? * ? * ? * ?
We would very much like to hear from you even if you are not currently using any satellite data. Please feel free to send us (to: email@example.com) few lines on your current activities along with your name, current place of work (organization) and the month and the year of the RESTEC training you joined. Your cooperation will be very much appreciated.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back number of RESTEC e-news is available at